Monday, June 18, 2012

24-day Challenge

On June 4th, CFC started a gym-wide challenge using Advocare products combined with a Paleo-Zone lifestyle.  It began with a 10-day detox which is meant to give the body a cleaning...  (And man! did it ever.)
The next phase is where we are at now: Fat Burn. 

Today is Day 15 of the Challenge or Day 5 of the Fat Burn process. 

So...  How do I feel?  What are my thoughts?  Is it worth it? 

The detox was liberating.  Even though, prior to starting the challenge, I would consider myself to be a "clean" eater, I felt like my body needed the shock to its system. 

Since starting the challenge, I started taking two supplements called: Arginine Extreme & Mass Impact 30 minutes prior to working out.  What a success!  I have both seen and felt a difference in my workouts at the box.  Very exhilarating, to say the least.

Every day that goes by in the Challenge, I experience something new and different and always, towards "the better good" of my body.  Although, I haven't really seen a difference on the scale (but then again, THE SCALE ISN'T IMPORTANT.  I look better; leaner, stronger and I'm faster & lighter on my feet! 

I can't lie..  I was a little bummed out the other day, because I allowed the ridiculous scale to matter and so I voiced my thoughts to my friends/colleagues at CFC.  And I got just the answer I needed!  It went something like this:

1) A weight fluctuation on a female of your height of a few pounds means nothing. Could be water, menstrual cycle, bad day, bad scale, etc. this is why I never weigh myself! 
2) Besides the number on the scale, how do you feel?  How are your clothes fitting?  Are you getting stronger?  Are you healthier and more fit?  These are the things that are more important.

Ladies... Men... What I was made to remember was that the number on the scale will always be just that, A NUMBER.  Who really cares about that number???  If you feel good; if you are happy with what you see and the progress you are making; if your overall performance is rising, then you're successful and should be proud.

I'm very excited to see where I'm at at the end of this challenge, BUT I'm even more excited for the rest of my life~to be able to apply what I've learned with what I already knew... that to me is TOTAL SUCCESS in this challenge.

This is "me" - Pre Challenge 6/3/2012


SIDE NOTE: My 5amers AKA Vanguards are doing terrific!  I am loving every moment of it.
                       I've included a picture of me doing my thing in the wee hours of the morning!!!



A la prochaine!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment