Monday, June 4, 2012

"Figuring things out"




I'm still struggling with finding a "balance" in my life where where NEW is concerned, BUT I have understood that I am the deciding factor on which direction a day will take me! 

There are still plenty of "things" to iron out and figure out, but I am one step closer to finding the glue that will bind everything together and simply make it work.  That, in itself, is a comforting thought.

So, why is it, then, I ask, that today was still the most inexplicably grueling yet most rewarding day so far?  How do those two adjectives go hand in hand?


My alarm goes off at 4:00am. I jump up and out of bed before the music on my iHome even has a chance! 

June 4th. 

The beginning of the CFC 24-day Challenge.  The first day of my 5am M-T-Th CrossFit class.  Week2, Day1 with my first ever personal training client.  An overflowing Elements class.  My eldest son's first CrossFit kids class.  WHOA!

My excitement consumes me as I get in the car and head to CrossFit Champions

...The garage doors are open, the computer is on and Maroon Five is playing on Pandora radio (waiting for Matt M. to change the station, lol)...  From that point on, it's just go-go-go!  Words to go with the morning rush are FRESH, stimulating, INTENSE, awesome, SUCCESSFUL...

So, what's the grueling drawback?  Where's the yin where the yang is concerned?  My children.

That sounds bad.  AWFUL, actually.  But they are not actually A problem or THE problem; trying to make them happy.  Keeping the kids entertained during their summer vacation.  Allowing myself to train, then work without getting disturbed, BOMBARDED, annoyed while maintaining PROFESSIONALISM - that is the problem.


"Making it work" & "Figuring things out"... 

But it can be done. 






That's what I teach my athletes each and every day.  That's what I am taught each and every day.




1 comment: