Monday, August 13, 2012

"Bring the Heat"

BRING THE HEAT 

(what a fitting name... 105 degrees Fahrenheit & sunny with a HOPE for some clouds)


Matt Munson (owner/head coach), Jeremiah Lee (coach/athlete), my husband, Kevin Pomaski (athlete) and I (coach/athlete) competed with style and class yesterday at Crossfit Katy's Bring the Heat competition.

Our day started even before the sun was up!  But we were ready to go.  Coolers, chairs, and even a canopy came with us.  This was going to be a long day.


I'd like to point out that Jeremiah & Matt competed "Standard" while Kevin & I competed '"Scaled".

So, how did everyone do?  I'm happy to say that we all fought for what we got and we should all be proud of our standings!  Because at the end of the day, I think it is safe to say, that we all learned a lot from our WOD's and left Crossfit Katy knowing a little more about ourselves and our abilities.

The final results were as follows:

Standard men (out of 39)

Matt Munson 24th place 

Jeremiah 25th place 


Scaled men (out of 20)
Kevin Pomaski 18th place



                        















Scaled women (out of 39)
Denise Pomaski 15th place









Let me just say that I wish you could have seen these men in competition.  Words such as FIERCE, STRONG,CAPABLE FOCUSED describe these CFC athletes (and trainers).

I HAD A SUPER FUN DAY.  This was most definitely a different experience from my previous competition at CFHouston.  I enjoyed having fellow athletes competing by my side!

(For WOD information, go to Crossfit Katy's Friday fb page - https://www.facebook.com/CrossFitKaty)

A big thanks to Jamaal, Pam, Brittany, Bethany and the Stahl's for coming out to cheer us on!

UP NEXT, Oktoberfest Obliteration!  Check it out.








1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that this competition went better than the last one!

    ReplyDelete