Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Family

Inspired by Matt Munson's blog post from yesterday titled "My Love"....



My husband, Kevin, and I will be married 10 years this November.  Kevin and I met one summer on the Jersey shore.  Although, across the bridge was where he called home, I was travelling from Montreal, Canada.  To this day, we know it was meant to be... 

So, when we visited the priest in the weeks before our wedding day, we were asked a series of questions in regards to marriage, children, love, etc.  One of the questions he asked us was if we intended on having children.  Of course, I said yes.  I always knew I wanted to get married and have children.  To me, everything else was secondary.

So, from that day forward, I knew that being a "momma" is all I wanted to be in this lifetime!  ...and not just any regular mom, but a SUPER mom.  A mother like we read about in books - THE BEST MOM EVER.

Jonathan Julius was our first to be born.  Fifteen months later, we had our twin girls, Maria Antonietta & Kora Denise.  Three years after that, we were blessed with our youngest boy, Luca Alexander.  We knew then that we were complete!  We're a big family (and we've actually added two more members since then, lol - our dogs, Izzy and Leia), but we couldn't imagine our lives any other way than LOUD and CROWDED!!! 

In the last seven and a half years, I have done everything in my power to care for my children.  I have given them anything they have ever needed.  I have put them on the TOP of my list and continue to do so.  I hug, kiss, and love on them every single day.  I tell them "I love you" every opportunity I have.  I remember, as babies, I would actually cancel appointments, etc if my kids were asleep to not interfere with their sleep.  I read and sing to my children almost every single night and I help them to grow and flourish as people to the best of my abilities.  WHOA! 

On our wedding day, I made an oath to my husband - I promised from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part to be the best woman/wife I could be.  

There's no doubt in mind that I have tried to live by those rules, but as with many couples, there have been moments where it's been more difficult than others to keep that sacred promise.  Ultimately, though, at the end of the day, I wouldn't change him for anybody else.  Kevin is all "right" and all "wrong" just the way I need him to be! 


So, now that I dragged you down memory lane - what was my point, you ask?







1 comment: